canberrabirds

Go South young folks

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, <>
Subject: Go South young folks
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:25:35 +1100

G’day Martin (and Frances) and welcome back,

The beastie is indeed a juvenile Hooded Robin as identified by Alastair. Gee, it’s nice to be typing this out listening to the clear whistle of the local Australian King-Parrots, the lovely rolling croak of the numerous Superb Parrots as they are flying past my window and the glorious……GLORIOUS??????.... begging calls of all the baby Galahs in the street trees, and even the “chollop!, chollop!!” of the local Pied Currawongs – pity about those other Flying Rats though. Still, I am looking forward to my overseas visits this year just to get something a little different!!

Cheers,

Mark