canberrabirds

Regent Honeyeaters

To: <>
Subject: Regent Honeyeaters
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:01:32 +1100

Good morning all,

I am just back from a trip to a property just out of Sutton with Golo Maurer where we were shown a pair of Regent Honeyeaters with 2 well fledged young. There is a lot of flowering Yellow Box in the area so as well as the Regents there were a lot of Noisy Friarbirds, about 30 – 40 Little Lorikeets and a single adult male Black Honeyeater. I plan to go out next week to attempt to catch and colour band them as part of the Regent Honeyeater Recovery plan.

Also, as we were leaving Kaleen where I have lived for 30 years, we saw a pair of Superb Parrots fly over the suburb – the first ever but I know they have been recorded just over the hill in Giralang.

Rarities reports will be forwarded to the Rarities Panel for the relevant species in due course.

Mark