canberrabirds

Re: Mulligans

To: "COG list" <>
Subject: Re: Mulligans
From: "Frank Antram" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:25:56 +1100
The Little Lorikeets were back up and about this morning - highest count 21,
but there were probably more like 40 birds around, although after about 9am
there were fewer around.  Black Honeyeaters also in evidence (finally got
some reasonable photos - couple attached), with a range of other goodies,
including Diamond Firetail (first I've seen at Mulligans for a long time),
Koel, Yellow-billed Spoonbill, several small parties of Superb Parrots.  At
least two White-browed Woodswallow nests now containing nestlings, and
several adults carrying found.  Pair of Jacky Winter also feeding two young
in the nest.  Plus heaps of birders!
Regards
Frank