canberrabirds

Hospital Creek trip Namadgi NP

To: <>
Subject: Hospital Creek trip Namadgi NP
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:34:21 +1100
A reminder that the final COG formal weekend outing for takes place this Sunday to the Hospital Creek area of the Namadgi NP.  There's still plenty of room as numbers are relatively modest at this time.  With cooler weather forecast this will be the place to be (and who cares if we manage to bring on a shower or two while we're walking, something COG trips haven't been able to do this spring since the thunderstorm at Campbell Park drenched us all on the raptor twitchathon.

Details follow.

Jack Holland

Hospital Creek, Namadgi National Park, Sunday 3 December ? day outing

The last formal COG outing for 2006 will be held in this popular national park to the south of Canberra.  The ACT Parks and Conservation Service have suggested Hospital Creek, with its 4 years of regrowth, as a site which should have birds plus be of use to them if surveyed.  We will be car parking and using the toilets at Yankee Hat carpark, then do a walk in.  Julian Robinson who knows the area has kindly offered to help guide us on a circular walk of 4-6 km following both the road and the creek, lunching on the creek (possibly at the Hospital Creek Hut).  We can be flexible about the exact route, which will depend on where the birds are and the weather on the day.

If you are interested in participating, please contact Jack Holland (6288 7840 A/H or by E-mail on ).  We will meet at the Kambah Village shops at 7:30 am, so we can consolidate cars and get to the Yankee Hut car park well before 9 am.