canberrabirds

Fivebough story

To: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>, <>
Subject: Fivebough story
From: "Sandra Henderson" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:18:23 +1000
As a 'native' of Leeton, I still look occasionally at the local newspaper - The Irrigator.  One of the headlines recently was 'Council says no need for water restrictions' - and I can't recall there ever being restrictions - so you're right - they are unknown.  Oddly,  in past 2 weeks there have also been stories about a community prayer for rain, and the effect of the drought on local businesses.  Once outside the actual irrigation area it's very dry, as it is elsewhere, so while some parts look very well watered, once you're  away from the areas watered by the channel systems the drought is very evident

Sandra Henderson
Email: