canberrabirds

Leader wanted - COG Namadgi outing

To: <>
Subject: Leader wanted - COG Namadgi outing
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:49:23 +1000
In the October 2006 Gang-gang I gave preliminary notice of the last formal COG trip for 2006, to be held in Namadgi NP on Sunday 3 December, indicating we were still negotiating with the ACT Parks & Conservation Service as to the best place to hold this outing.

They have suggested a site which should have birds plus be of use to them, ie Hospital Creek, with its 5 years of regrowth. They suggested car parking and loos at Yankee Hat carpark, then a walk in.

While I'm not familiar with this spot, I believe lots of our members know the carpark and the Hospital Creek area, and I'm looking for someone who is happy to lead this trip.  As I indicated at last night's COG meeting, it is probably more important that you know the area than be a top birder/surveyor, as I'm sure other participants will help you in that regard.

If you think you can help with this outing please contact me by return E-mail or on 6288 7840.

Jack Holland