canberrabirds

Around Mt Taylor

To: <>
Subject: Around Mt Taylor
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:23:36 +1000
On Kambah side of Mt Taylor on (I think) Wednesday, this week, among lots of other things: flocks of Tree Martins & Dusky Woodswallows, the sound of either a Sparrowhawk or Brown Goshawk (I can't pick a difference). Now I know a half identified bird heard, is hardly worth mentioning normally but I only know them to be really noisy like this one was, when at their nest. It is several years since I have seen a nest of one of them there (not to say they haven't). Also a Grey Currawong seen on a low log, having extracted what I'm pretty sure was a huntsman spider. (I'm happy with my Leica binoculars, now I can see the hairs on a spider in the beak of a Currawong.)