canberrabirds

Raptor action in Holt

To: "John Brannan" <>, <>
Subject: Raptor action in Holt
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:20:58 +1000
Hi John,
These are birds flying over and seen from my house. Note the instruction on the GBS chart that "there is no altitude limit" to the GBS. The pelican is only a rare sighting (probably only about 4 - 6 times in 21 years) but ibis are frequent, mostly I assume they are moving to or from the Murrumbidgee River Corridor or Tuggeranong Lake. I am sort of midway between Mt Taylor, Murrumbidgee River Corridor & Urambi Hills and both have good raptor populations. The bit about hanging up washing, is really little more than looking UP.