canberrabirds

Magpie avionics

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Magpie avionics
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:50:02 +1000
Yesterday evening I was standing on the opposite side of the road from a thin traffic sign post. A Magpie swooped from my left side, over my head and continued at high speed downwards across the road, heading straight for the post. At the very last moment it tucked its left wing into its body (keeping the right wing fully extended) and shot past the post with about 2mm to spare.

Impressive.
--
John Leonard
Canberra