canberrabirds

Higgins: Dusky Woodswallow

Subject: Higgins: Dusky Woodswallow
From: John Brannan <>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:53:45 +1000
FWIW, there's still a sizeable population at Lake Ginninderra, competing with the Welcome Swallows for the local insect life...

John Brannan

Philip Veerman wrote:
I too have had Dusky Woodswallows flying over my place in Kambah several times this week (half an hour ago) and each of the last two weeks. Can't see that they are feeding though, although they probably are. This is typical for this time of year (though mostly in April. Or are we getting later in recent years?) Most of them (not all) are migrating out.