canberrabirds

Peregrines 1 Starlings 0

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Peregrines 1 Starlings 0
From: "David Cook" <>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 18:40:27 +1000
Whilst down the back paddock this afternoon (in Wamboin) we noticed a tightly-packed formation of about 60 Starlings wheeling back and forth. Suddenly a Peregrine flew into their midst, scattering the flock, and emerged with one in its talons. It then flew to a distant tree (beyond camera range, unfortunately) and presumably ate its fill. This is most likely the same Peregrine I reported a few weeks ago, so it's good to know that it's still around, and hopefully making a mess of the local Starling population.

David Cook