canberrabirds

RFI Turtle Creek

To: <>
Subject: RFI Turtle Creek
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:13:07 +1000

Ah, yes, I was about to recall the same little chap (of 98/99), which used to skulk on the margins of the feeding mob, although it clearly held a special place in the affections of the Van Lady who would never fail to loft a crust or two in its particular direction.  However, I sense that Marnix’s researches have carried him further back in time and that he is exploring the late 1980s, the heyday of the Plumed Whistling Ducks of Turtle Creek. I am afraid that if I ever knew where that was I have now forgotten.  If Marnix ever finds out, I would be grateful to be allowed to share the secret although I scarcely dare hope that the Plumed Whistling Ducks are still there.