canberrabirds

Honeyeater migration survey

To: <>
Subject: Honeyeater migration survey
From: "Nicki Taws" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:25:30 +1000
Now that the Yellow-faced Honeyeaters have started moving down from the mountains and through Canberra, I'm posting a reminder that COG will be conducting a survey of the migrating honeyeaters on two dates in April, Sat 8th and Sun 23rd.  This will be similar to previous surveys held in 2003 and 1997. We will have small teams stationed at  7 locations along the Murrumbidgee River counting the number of migrating honeyeaters between 8am and 1pm (and recording other bird species if the honeyeater count is not too frantic).

The survey is open to anyone regardless of your level of experience. Each team will contain at least one experienced birder. If you are interested and have not already contacted me, please do so by return email, or phone.

cheers
Nicki Taws
6251 0303
0408 210 736