canberrabirds

Lewin's Rail etc at Jerra Wetlands

To: "COG list" <>
Subject: Lewin's Rail etc at Jerra Wetlands
From: "Frank Antram" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:49:49 +1100
Greetings Canberra birders

I have returned from my year in NZ.  I spent part of this long weekend
reacquainting myself with the wonderful selection of waterfowl at Fyshwick SP.
A female Musk Duck on 18 March was the most unusual duck I saw.  Raptors
included Hobby, Whistling Kite (2), Brown Goshawk (2), Little Eagle,
Black-shouldered Kite, and 2 Wedge-tailed Eagles over the Duntroon area.  No
luck with crakes in 'crake alley' on 18th, but yesterday (20 March) there was
plenty of activity there, with 1 Lewin's Rail plus 3-4 Spotless Crakes.

It's good to be back!

Regards
Frank Antram