canberrabirds

How to reply on this list?

Subject: How to reply on this list?
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:37:49 +1100 (EST)
Hello Julian, I an the list manager and also a Eudora
user.

The program we use to manage the list is specifically
designed so that a 'reply' goes to the author of the
message, not to the whole list. This is a great
advantage as I am sure you have seen many emails sent
to lists in error, sometimes to the great
embarrassment of the sender!

If you do a 'reply all' then the message will have in
the 'to' line both the address of the originator and
of the list. If you don't want the originator to
receive two copies, simply remove that address.

Hope this clarifies the matter.

Regards - David

--- Julian Robinson <>
wrote:

> I just noticed that if I hit "reply" to a post on
> this list, the response
> is addressed to the previous sender, not the list.
> All my other lists have
> the group address in the "Reply To" field, but this
> one doesn't seem to
> have the "Reply To" field at all.
>
> So how do I reply to messages without manually
> cutting and pasting the
> address?  Or is this something peculiar to us Eudora
> users?
>
> Thanks
>
> Julian

<>

<>

<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds>
> List manager: David McDonald, phone (02) 6231 8904;
> email
> <>

Stay in touch via Yahoo! Messenger with all your contacts on your 3 Mobile.
http://au.mobile.yahoo.com/mweb/3-mobile.html