canberrabirds

Re: Common Sandpiper

Subject: Re: Common Sandpiper
From: "Harvey Perkins" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:44:23 +1100 (EST)
Alastair and others,

I'd heard of only a single (probable) observation of the Common Sandpiper
at Uriarra Crossing for 2005, and that was back on 10 December. But I did
manage to get out there at the end of the first week of January and found
the sandpiper on the rocks just downstream from the crossing after 55 min
of looking for it. So, yes, it is there again this season. (I believe Benj
looked for it not long before that but didn't see it). I had done some
dedicated looking for it back in September and October, but with the river
in flood nearly all the time it was impossible to know whether the bird
had not yet returned or had had to relocate at least until the waters
subsided. I was away (in Cape York) all November and only got around to
getting out tere again in January.

My new email address is

regards, Harvey

> Happy new year to you all.
> Does anyone have any info on whether the common sandpiper is still
around
> at
> Uriarra crossing?
> Also I believe my email address for Harvey Perkins is now out-of-date.
Can
> anyone pass me his new address.
> Cheers
> Alastair
>
> ____________________________
> Alastair Smith
> Manager
> Warehouses and Depots
> Cargo Controls Section
> Australian Customs Service
>
> Phone: 02 6275 6367
> Mob:   0439 737 658
> Fax:    02 6275 5745

IMPORTANT:

> * This transmission is intended for the use of the addressee only and
might contain sensitive or legally privileged information. If you are
NOT
> the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination
of
> this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
> transmission in error, please notify the author immediately by telephone
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any
attachments.

> * The Australian Customs Service DOES NOT AUTHORISE the recipient to
further disclose this email or its contents without permission of the
originator.