canberrabirds

remote control Cockatiel heard at ANBG

To: "Philip Veerman" <>, <>
Subject: remote control Cockatiel heard at ANBG
From: "Ruskies" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:52:11 +1100
Hi!

Philip, didn't it cross your mind that instead of the O,B, Oriel doing the mimicking it could have been the Wedge-Tailed Eagle, in a role reversal, doing the mimicking. This is not a common occurrence and I believe   not much of a success. I'm not sure but I think its the size differential that gives the game away.

Cheers Bob Rusk

Ps. Just a thought Philip,you did take note of the size of the bird.?
Pss. It didn't give the impression that it was extra-ordinarily close while the background seemed so far away ?  that's just a little tip to watch for when witnessing mimicry.