canberrabirds

Lake Cagelligo - Round Hill

Subject: Lake Cagelligo - Round Hill
From: "Stuart Harris" <>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:49:17 +1000
Passed through Lake Cargelligo a week before Lindsay & Rhonda and concur that the place was going off, 'greenest' I have seen it in the last five years and the splendor(wildflowers, birds, etc) continued all the way up through Cobar, Bourke and to the QLD border where I unfortunately have to report that we rolled (and wrote off) the car I was travelling in after visiting a dry and fly infested Culgoa NP which ironically provided the only 'lifer' for the trip, a lovely Little button quail. Neither of us were seriously injured in the crash though my binos are no more. One good thing was that the Nikon camera system I use was thrown 5m from the vehicle (at 100kmph) and still works!! Another interesting sighting was twice encountering the marvellous Plumed whistling duck at both Lake Cargelligo (x 1) and on a dam on a property I recuperated at 60km East of Walgett (x 6).

Stuart Harris

"Everything is relative, everything is valid!"