canberrabirds

COG Trip Leaders Workshop

To: <>
Subject: COG Trip Leaders Workshop
From: "Andrea S Holland" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:52:23 +1000
A reminder that this will take place on Sunday morning at the Australian National Botanic Gardens, meeting at the bus stop at 9:15 am.  It is strongly recommended for all current and potential COG bird walk/trip leaders.

The response so far has a bit slow, and while there is no need to formally book, an indication of your attendance would be appreciated for catering purposes (tea, coffee and biscuits).  COG has booked a room in the Crosbie Morrison Centre which will comfortably hold 25 people.

Anthony Overs and I are looking for a relaxed, informal and interactive session.  We will start with a brief review of the way the COG Field Trips Program is currently structured, looking for your input into how this may be amended or improved in the 2006 version, which will drafted in the coming months.  We'll then move on to a presentation of the principles for leading COG walks, and finish this part of the program with the presenting of COG's draft Guidelines for the Advertising and conduct of COG Field Trips for comment and feedback.

These presentations should be over by 11 am, and will be followed by an hour or so's outdoor activity to put the principles into effect.  Perhaps a chance to find Shaun Bagley's Crescent Honeyeaters, or the SBB bower?

Jack Holland