canberrabirds

dark phase white bellied cuckoo shrike

To: <>
Subject: dark phase white bellied cuckoo shrike
From: <>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:32:44 +1000
Firstly I am a big believer in the fact that every thing happens for a reason, the nature of events.

During the second quarter of footy at Jamison Oval on Saturday I got smashed by the big full forward (stupid me for backing into his lead).  I subsequently left the field to sit out the rest of the game on the bench with a/c damage to my shoulder and possible broken ribs and/or collarbone (luckily its just bruising and rib cartilage damage).

Whilst sitting there sometime in the last qtr I noticed a cuckoo shrike flying over the field.  Straight away I knew it wasn't a black faced and walked/hobbled gingerly over to the tree it landed in.  I had great views from about five or so metres under the bird which stayed for a couple of minutes.  It then alighted and flew off into parkland towards Belconnen Town centre.

I'm still trying to work out if seeing my first dark phase w b c shrike was worth it though!!!!

cheers, Alex.