canberrabirds

Brown Treecreeper @ Callum Brae

Subject: Brown Treecreeper @ Callum Brae
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:35:03 +1000

One Brown Treecreeper foraging on eucalypts along a creek line in the new Callum Brae Woodland Reserve. It seemed wary and spent most of its time above 10 metres high up dead trees. Maybe a good thing as a Red Fox was in the area.
It gave its quick repetitive 'pink-pink-pink' call once while I was observing it. I had originally been attracted by its short rasping call.

The last time I saw this species here was on 4 November 2002 (again a single bird). Lets hope it hangs around.

I was amazed to see one large dam filled to overflowing and a continuous stream of water still trickling in from a drainage line. Downstream of the dam I was drawn to a small waterfall by the sound of cascading water. Interesting since it hasnt rained for a little while.

Cheers
Marnix IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on (02) 6271 4777 and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.