canberrabirds

treecreepers and speckled warblers

To: <>, <>
Subject: treecreepers and speckled warblers
From: "Overs, Anthony \(REPS\)" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:27:13 +1000
I've found when visiting Newline Quarry I almost always see Speckled
Warblers foraging with or near Brown Treecreepers. Quite common to see
them in the same binocular view.

Cheers
Anthony

Sent: Tuesday, 28 June 2005 8:30 AM
Subject: big woodland research grant

After an absence of cattle at the farm (between Murrumbateman and
Gunning) for a few months over summer I've noticed Indigofera australis
coming up in places I have never seen them before in large numbers.  In
a few weeks they have been stripped bare by some agisted stock.  I know
Indigofera is widespread, fairly common and tougher than old nails but I
wonder what else suffers?  I wonder if the cows got enough would they be
poisoned?

Anyway there's a few robins getting about and I love watching the Brown
Treecreepers foraging on the ground with Speckled Warblers.  Anyone else
seen this before because this is at least the second time I've noticed
it?