canberrabirds

World Environment Day Festival Events June 4 & 5

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: World Environment Day Festival Events June 4 & 5
From: "Jenny Bounds" <>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:20:16 +1000
For information, various events you may be interested in.

Dont forget to reserve a seat for the Woodlands for Wildlife: recovery for our birds Seminar at CSIRO Discovery Theatre on Sat 4 June, pm.  Details at www.canberrabirds.org.au.  You can register by sending an email to

We are close to 100 registrations by now and the seminar was advertised publicly last Saturday in Canberra Times and and will be again on Friday 3 June in the World Environment Day supplement.   We recommend you register to reserve a seat, if you are intending to come.
cheers
Jenny

World Environment Day Festival

The Conservation Council invites you to get involved in this years World Environment Day celebrations and events and we encourage you start planning for a great weekend of environment activity!

See our website www.ecoaction.net.au for further program details and workshop times World Environment Day is an international day dedicated to recognising Environment Issues, and with June 5 fast approaching us the Conservation Council is busy making final preparations for the World Environment Day Festival for the ACT.

This year’s theme is Green Cities: plan for the planet. The festival will bring together a vast range of concepts, innovations and practical solutions available to us for bringing about a greening of the built environment—so that we can conserve what remains of our precious natural environment!

Festival Program

Environment Expo Saturday 4 June 10am-3pm

Bringing information together in an informative and interactive smorgasbord.

@ The ROCKS, between Kingsley and Childers St’s, Acton

With short workshops: ‘Reducing energy use in your home’; ‘Climate change action’; ‘Environmental Defenders Office - environmental law’; ‘Circus skills for kids & up’; and more

Demonstrations: ‘Greenwood Chairs - sustainably sourced and made’; ‘Reptile Slide Show’

Stalls: ‘Australian Native Plant Society’; Thor’s Hammer - Recycled and Environmentally Sustainable Timbers; ‘Mooble - natural, organic and recycled products’; ‘Friends of Grasslands’; ‘Oil Peak’; ‘Pedal Power’; ‘Environment ACT’; and more

& Music, food stalls and kids activities

Green Design and Renovation One Day Seminar - Sunday 5 June 10am-4pm

is a fantastic opportunity for anyone—especially those who are designing or renovating their homes—to attend an intensive session with energy expert Dave Hodgkin. Bookings Required 6247 7808.

For those wishing to learn about saving greenhouse gas emissions from and improving energy efficiency of their existing homes there will be a short ‘Home Energy’ demonstration and workshop at the Environment Expo - Saturday with Peter Miller from the Home Energy Advice Team (HEAT). See website for workshop time.

Please contact Erika Steller at the Conservation Council on 6247 7808 or on if you would like to offer your assistance during the festival. Many Thanks!