canberrabirds

RE: [BIRDING-AUS] mathematics and birding

To: "'John Leonard'" <>, "'Canberra Birds'" <>, "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: RE: [BIRDING-AUS] mathematics and birding
From: "Colin Driscoll" <>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:57:29 +1000
There's another P formula that goes like this:

P = p+t(long)

where p is the position of the bird on a branch such that its head is obscured or its tail is always presented to the person trying to identify it and t is the length of time spent in this position before flying away.

Happy frustrating birding!

Colin Driscoll