canberrabirds

Some weekend observations

To: <>
Subject: Some weekend observations
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 04:28:52 +0100

Feeding birds is making them a nuisance.  I was sitting in Eddison Park, Woden, last Tuesday.  I pulled a sandwich out and was immediately surrounded by 20 magpies.  Twice, one actually leapt onto my shoulder and tried to snatch the snack from my hand.  Hitchcock would've loved it!

Maurits Zwankhuizen