canberrabirds

G.Dabb - almost famous

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: G.Dabb - almost famous
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 18:35:35 +1000
Thank you, David, but nowhere nearly approaching the famousness of you as sitemaster.   I understand that your work on the gallery is so well-regarded that an invitation is in prospect for you to curate the next big one at the NGA.

As to the pictured bird, reproductions frequently depart from the original in unexpected ways, and in this case the bird has been quarter-turned into a rare vertical or penguin position, for a reason that might be better understood by those who regularly use ABC sites for what they are meant for, whatever that is.

As to Barbara's declaration of my position (below),  I would not correct it but for my belief that 'educational' can cover significantly profit-oriented purposes.  My position is:  I agree to use of any images of mine as they appear in the 'gallery' for purposes that are non-commercial, as understood by me, provided that (a) authorship is acknowledged in any reproduction and (b) I am advised of the use, either directly or through COG.