canberrabirds

YFHEs

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: YFHEs
From: "David Cook" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:52:55 +1000
Likewise - arrived home (Wamboin) at about 11.15am in time to see an estimated 500 YFHEs flying over our garden in 15 minutes, flying NE. Presume they've been coming over all morning? There were also several White-naped Honeyeaters in this flyover, and 3 Red Wattlebirds (also a Wedge-tailed Eagle high overhead).

This is the first big group of HEs we've seen since seeing approx. 800 or so on 31 March, which was a similarly mild sunny morning after a similarly chilly night - cold nights appear to be the trigger?

Prior to this at Yowani (Nth Lyneham), estimated about 100 YFHE between about 9.00 and 11.00am moving northish.

David Cook