canberrabirds

RE: robin ID

Subject: RE: robin ID
From: Rick Kuhn <>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:33:17 +1100
In relation to birds seen on Blundell's Ck Rd, I had a look at Morecombe, who, unlike the Pizzey and Day books, provides illustrations of some immature Robinss. On that basis, I think the birds were immature Flame Robins. They, like female Pink Robins have, as Anthony noted, "a buff or tan coloured wing bar".

Rick