canberrabirds

Kellys

To: <>
Subject: Kellys
From: "Allan and Hazel Wright" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:35:43 +1100
At around lunch time yesterday, Saturday, we visited Kellys despite the
blinding heat and far too many flies.

We identified a Pectoral Sandpiper opposite Cygnus hide, directly behind the
log.  Also 4+ Shelducks, 4 R Spoonbills, one only shoveller, many Pink ears,
P Blk with 4 half grown young, and a bird at the very western end may have
been the BB Rail but it only showed itself fleetingly and we were unable to
get scope onto it.
Also another dead pelican but no live ones on this occasion but there was a
very large monitor opposite Bittern which acted sensibly and jumped into the
water.   Far too hot to enjoy the outing but we will return later this week
if the weather improves ie the temp. falls.

Allan and Hazel Wright
Canberra ACT

The Nation's Capital