canberrabirds

More Christmas Birds

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: More Christmas Birds
From: "David Cook" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:00:47 +1100
Our birding highlights for Wamboin this Christmas week have been a fleeting visit from a Rufous Fantail; a flyover from the locally-famous leucisitic (almost totally yellow) Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoo (sorry Geoffrey, it didn't hang around long enough for either photos or a phone call to you - last seen heading over the hills towards Kowen Forest - see http://photogallery.canberrabirds.org.au/cockatoos.htm for a previous photo of this spectacular bird); and a Little Eagle which flew low over our house.

We also saw some White-throated Needletails over Braidwood today.

David Cook