birding-aus

Fairywrens

To: "'Michael Hunter'" <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Fairywrens
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 15:43:34 +1000
Hi Michael,

I just asked what I thought is an obvious question, as it seems a strange
occurrence and interpretation. You have now added some other information "They
were not otherwise interacting with one another". I have occasionally seen a
small group of Superb Fairy-wrens involved in a vigorous fight among
themselves. One event I recall worth mentioning was only about 5 birds. I was
about 40 metres away and well hidden from them and no other people nearby. So
you ask "What were you thinking that they might otherwise be doing?" My answer
would only be that, just from what you first wrote, that they were fighting
among themselves. I don't know why you would be that important to them. But I
was not there.

Philip