birding-aus

Flight Theory - It's An Unsolved Science Dilemma

To: "'Chris Charles'" <>, "'Chris Corben'" <>, "'Chris Shaw'" <>
Subject: Flight Theory - It's An Unsolved Science Dilemma
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:33:44 +1100
Chris Charles, I think Chris Shaw may have seen this article in the Scientific
American.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-one-can-explain-why-planes-stay-in-the-air/

The title of the article is probably a bit overstated. No one disagrees about
the physical features and air movement required to provide lift, just the
mathematics that explains it.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW