birding-aus

Inland dotterels and a false dichotomy

To: Greg Johnston <>
Subject: Inland dotterels and a false dichotomy
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 10:43:35 +1000
I agree that they are not alternatives.  You only have to look at things like the Toondah Harbour issue in Qld to see that there are important issues outside of those caused by global warming.

Another aspect to it is that global warming is a global issue which will not be solved by a tiny organisation (in the global scheme of things)  like BirdLife.  I imagine they are trying to focus their limited resources on activities where it is possible to try to make an actual difference.