birding-aus

nesting and feeding behaviour

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: nesting and feeding behaviour
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 08:32:03 +0930
Do birds break up their territories around nesting and feeding.  Our garden here in wilmington SA is a hotspot for birds, having water, multiple layers of vegetation and most of the surrounding area has been cleared.  Consequently, we have lots of  birds in the garden even compared to the Heritage listed bush on the property.  We have some nesting in the garden but not as much as I would expect given the birds, although of  course, there could be birds nesting under my nose that I don't know about.  Many birds frequent the garden that I see flying in the same direction.  I know the grey shrike thrush nests at the neighbours.

do people know if birds tend to nest away from their main feeding areas or should I look harder?

Gary
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>