birding-aus

Pelicans perching on poles

To: Stephen Ambrose <>
Subject: Pelicans perching on poles
From: Peter Morgan <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 09:16:07 +1100
Most comical Pelican landing we’ve seen was one landing in very top of Norfolk ISland pine. It managed to get one foot onto the short horizontal branch and then tried to put the other onto the vertical tip of the tree.  After much trying to keep balance while trying to grab the tip, it gave up and flew away (probably looking for a pole).

Though not often, Pelicans do successfully use the pine trees.

Peter and Bev Morgan

The conservation battle is never finally won; the development battle is.

                eiπ + 1 = 0.