birding-aus

Purple Heron Twitch

Subject: Purple Heron Twitch
From: James Mustafa <>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 18:06:46 +0630
Hi all,

Last week I was lucky enough to twitch the mega Purple Heron at Carnarvon as well as enjoy some great birding around Perth, Carnarvon, Geraldton and Mt. Magnet. After four epic days birding we (our trio of myself, Sue Taylor and Steve Reynolds) recorded over 150+ species as well as whack of other critters. If anyone's interested, I've summarised trip into a series of trip reports detailing all the species, what we saw, where etc. Highlight species included the vagrant Purple Heron and Oriental Honey Buzzard, as well as Aussie birds Malleefowl, Western Quailthrush, Australian Bustard, Spotted Nightjar, Long-toed Stint, Terek Sandpiper, Wood Sandpiper, Black-breasted Buzzard, Cockatiel, Pied Honeyeater, Slender-billed Thornbill, Star Finch, etc

Currently on Cocos/Xmas trip so will have some updates from our trip soon.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>