birding-aus

last id - yellow spotted or graceful

To: Jeff Davies <>, "" <>, "" <>
Subject: last id - yellow spotted or graceful
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 01:30:19 +0000
thanks Jeff, and yes I should've noted the iris colour earlier but I didn't - I
got thrown by the angle of the bird's head/body giving it a small headed
appearance... they are so much easier when seen front-on when that midline of
yellow down the lower breast and belly shows on Graceful. also much easier to
tell apart when seen in the flesh too; overall size, movements, etc of Graceful
are far more reminiscent of a Dusky Honeyeater for eg...

I really like what you guys did in the Aust Bird Guide too with the gape line
stuff too...

cheers, martin cachard