birding-aus

last id - yellow spotted or graceful

To: <>, <>
Subject: last id - yellow spotted or graceful
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 12:37:07 +1000
Hello Jason,

I think I can see enough there to say Yellow-spotted HE.
ID based on shape of gape bulging upwards and  pale yellow hardly
contrasting with white feather stripe continuing beyond gape, gape and
feather stripe are well joined.
Graceful gape is narrower and doesn't bulge up and is noticeably a richer
more deep yellow contrasting more with the white feather stripe and often
the two features are less well joined than YPHE.

Cheers