birding-aus

Regent Bowerbird on the move?

To: "Julie Neumann" <>, "David Bishop" <>
Subject: Regent Bowerbird on the move?
From: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:16:35 +1100
Supporting the earlier posts re. the status of the Regent Bowerbird at Tumbi Umbi I used to band birds on a farm there in the early to late 1970s and the Regent Bowerbird was regularly caught and banded. There was also a report from a local of 40+ male birds in a tree. The late Bill Lane and John Disney produced a 'Bird in the Hand' which illustrated how to age and sex the species based on birds banded at Tumbi Umbi and Iluka, in northern NSW.

Greg
Dr Greg. P. Clancy
Ecologist and Birding-wildlife Guide
| PO Box 63 Coutts Crossing NSW 2460
| 02 6649 3153 | 0429 601 960
http://www.gregclancyecologistguide.com
http://gregswildliferamblings.blogspot.com.au/

I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands on which I
live and work – the Gumbaynggirr, Yaegl and Bundjalung peoples – and to
pay respect to their elders both past and present.

-----Original Message----- From: Julie Neumann via Birding-Aus