birding-aus

Regent Bowerbird on the move?

To: Martin Butterfield <>
Subject: Regent Bowerbird on the move?
From: David Bishop <>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 07:13:08 +0000
I used to live in Kincumber not far from Gosford, in a small patch of forest.
We regularly observed Regent Bowerbirds on our property during our 12 years
residence there. In fact this marvellous bird regular came to our feeder
especially in response to grated cheese. I recall on one occasion counting 12
males at one sitting!

Best wishes
David

P. O. Box 1234, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia

> On Mar 11, 2018, at 3:58 AM, Martin Butterfield <
> <>> wrote:
>
> Ju;lie
>
> Here is a snip from the eBird range map for Regent Bowerbird.
>
> As you can see there are quite a few records just North of Gosford.​
> Possibly this is influenced by the number of birders in the area.
>
> Martin
>
> Martin Butterfield
> http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/ <http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/>
>
> On 11 March 2018 at 14:25, Julie Neumann via Birding-Aus <
> > wrote:
>
>> My cousin who lives in Tumbi Umbi on the central coast north of Gosford
>> NSW reports:
>> Last week I saw a Regent Bowerbird male with his very distinctive golden
>> head and wing patches.
>> Never seen one in last twenty years here. My bird book is 1991 vintage and
>> tells me that southern boundary for this species is Hawkesbury River.
>> Is this unusual or just part of the warming trend?
>> Julie Neumann
>> 0247393063preferred. 0429130679
>>

>> <HR>
>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>> <BR>
>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>> </HR>
>>
> <11 98 RBB.JPG><HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>