birding-aus

In Search of the Night Parrot

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: In Search of the Night Parrot
From: Greg Roberts <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 22:14:46 +0000
I recently returned from a wonderful search for the Night Parrot in the
Channel Country of western Queensland with Scott Baker and Bernie O'Keefe.

We failed to definitively connect with a Night Parrot, though a couple of
interesting calls were heard.

I can reveal that Lark Quarry is a new site for probable Night Parrot
records, and that notwithstanding fears that the species would be
imperilled by an invasion of twitchers, just a handful of vehicles have
made the difficult journey to search for it in this part of the world since
John Young made his landmark discovery.

More here:

http://sunshinecoastbirds.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/in-search-of-night-parrot.html

Greg Roberts