birding-aus

RFI - Trip to Darwin & Kakadu

To: IPT <>
Subject: RFI - Trip to Darwin & Kakadu
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 01:29:34 +0000
Ivan,

Much of the information in Birds of Australia’s Top End is still up to date
except in regard to some areas around Darwin and Palmerston.  I’ve also
information re the area in which I live which might be of interest.

 You can email me direct for information if you wish.

Regards

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW.

Founding Member: Ecotourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot for Condé Nast’s International  Ecotourism Award, 2004.

With every introduction of a plant or animal that goes feral this continent
becomes a little less unique, a little less Australian.

On 19 Mar 2016, at 10:35 am, IPT <> wrote:

> We are contemplating a trip to Darwin and Kakadu in Early July 2016.
> Probably 4-5 days
> in Darwin and 10 days in the Kakadu area etc.  Flying in/out and renting 4WD.
>
> We have studied the books
>
> “Finding Australian Birds” by Dolby & Clarke,
> "Birds of Australia’s Top End" by Goodfellow & Stott
>
> and have obtained a lot of good information re itineraries and good birding
> places.
>
> Thought we would try birding-aus for more up to date information and local
> knowledge, e.g. other locations and expected conditions in July.
>
> Any recommendations re: local birding guided-tours would also be most welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Ivan
>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list