birding-aus

Good birding in eastern Darling Downs

To: Greg Roberts <>
Subject: Good birding in eastern Darling Downs
From: Belinda Rafton <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 05:19:39 +0000
Hi Greg
Just a more public thank you for your timely and informative reports.  We acted
on this report and drove down to Oakey for a few days.  Successful with the
Painted Honeyeaters, Black-eared Cuckoo, White-winged Fairy-Wrens and other
good birds such as Black Falcon.
If anyone else is venturing there we would also recommend the Oakey Motor Inn
for clean comfortable accommodation.
Thanks again Greg
Belinda & Bill

> On 21 Jan 2016, at 7:58 AM, Greg Roberts <> wrote:
>
> For south-east Queensland birders there are some excellent birds in the
> Jondaryan-Oakey area of the eastern Darling Downs at the moment. Over the
> past couple of days I've had Painted Honeyeater at 4 sites, Red-chested
> Buttonquail, Black-eared Cuckoo (found here 2 weeks ago) and species such
> as White-winged Fairy-wren and Black-faced Woodswallow at the eastern
> extremity of their range.
>
> More here:
>
> http://sunshinecoastbirds.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/joys-of-jondaryan-where-west-meets-east.html
>

> Greg Roberts