birding-aus

Red-necked Phalarope at WTP

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Red-necked Phalarope at WTP
From: John Harris <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:09:23 +0000
Glad you got it Peter.
Last time I was biridng with you, we were looking for an American Golden
Plover...

For those not on Facebook, I posted to Birdline Victoria about lunch today,
having just seen the bird at the T Section Lagoons of the Werribee
Treatment Plant (Pond 5). I was not there bird watching but undertaking
water testing for frog surveys that I am involved with and only had my bins
in hand for about 5 minutes.

Not a bad pick up for 5 minutes, if I must say so myself.

Hope many of you can enjoy the bird also. Please remember to stay out of
the ponds as the birdwatching permit doesn't allow us to enter the ponds. I
was there with a colleague today doing water testing for frog surveys and
we have to go through lengthy inductions and other paperwork including
getting work permits before we can work on the WTP. Anybody seen entering
the ponds should have their rego taken and reported to MW. The ponds are
not pleasant and pose serious health risks, including botulism at the
moment!!!!!

Regards

John Harris

*Yours in all things* "*GREEN"*

*John Harris BASc, GDipEd*
*Croydon, Vic*
*Director - Wildlife Experiences Pty Ltd*
*Principal **Zoologist/**Ecologist*
*Nature Photographer*
*Wildlife Guide*

*www.wildlifeexperiences.com.au <http://www.wildlifeexperiences.com.au>*
 <>*
*www.flickr.com/photos/wildlifeexperiences
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildlifeexperiences>*
*0409090955*

*Past President, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria*
*(www.fncv.org.au <http://www.fncv.org.au/>)*

On 20 January 2016 at 19:17, Peter Shute <> wrote:

> Please see the attached screenshot of the location details. I'm watching
> it now.
>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>