birding-aus

FW: Status of Paradise Shelduck

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: Status of Paradise Shelduck
From: Richard Johnstone <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 01:55:30 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Johnstone
Sent: Monday, 4 January 2016 9:26 AM
To: 'Birding-Aus';
Subject: FW: [Birding-Aus] Status of Paradise Shelduck

In the mid 1990s there was a pair of free flying Paradise Shelduck (don't
have the exact year with me) at Mt Annan Botanic Garden (near Sydney). They
were there for about 3 or 4 months and were quite mobile, moving from lake
to lake, and flying away for a  few days and then returning. I don't think
it was ever definitely established whether they were wild birds or escapees
from a collection. They are on the bird list for the garden though.
Regards, Richard Johnstone