birding-aus

Upper Lane Cover River Valley - S Turramurra area

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Upper Lane Cover River Valley - S Turramurra area
From: Tom Wilson <>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 01:41:28 +0000
Hi all
I spent from 7-9am walking parts of the Great North Walk and STEP track in the
Upper Lane Cove Valley this morning (20 December). Highlight was a single
Bassian Thrush seen foraging in the Great North Walk just north of Browns
Waterhole approx 8:30am.  There were lost of Scarlet Honeyeaters along the
track as well as 3 Rufous Fantails and the more common species that I'd expect
to see.  A colony of Bell Miners has taken up residence in the area around
Browns Waterhole, which is new since my last visit (some time in 2014
admittedly).  There were no Gang-gangs seen or heard – although it is entirely
possible that the Sulphur-crested Cockatoos drowned out anything else as they
were particularly loud this morning.  Are there still a small number of
Gang-gangs resident in the upper Lane Cove Valley or if I want to get one on my
2015 list do I need to go a bit further afield?
Cheers
Tom Wilson
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list