birding-aus

Great Central Road

To: Maris Lauva <>
Subject: Great Central Road
From: John Harris <>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 19:59:18 +0000
Hi Maris,
I travelled the GC Rd August last year from Sandy Blight Rd to the
Tjirrkarli turn-off west of Warburton.

The only spot we stopped along that section was the creek crossing just
west of Warburton, the birds were coming in for water and sitting on the
road drinking. The spot I would highly recommend, if you have the time ohs
the Bungabiddy waterhole, off the Sandy Blight road. Had Spinifex Pigeons,
Painted Finches, Honeyeaters practically around your feet.

One recommendation though, try not to travel the road between Warburton and
Warakuna of a night unless you have to, lots of roos and the road is not
necessarily in good condition unless the grader had been through.

If you would like any more info, I'd be happy to dig out my notes.

Regards

John

John Harris BASc, GDipEd
Director - Wildlife Experiences PL
Principal Ecologist/Zoologist
Croydon, Victoria
0409 090 955
On 10/12/2015 5:46 AM, "Maris Lauva" <> wrote:

> Planning a trip from WA next winter. Is there anyone who can provide info
> about birding along the road, or any other tips for young players.
>

> Thanks - Maris
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>