birding-aus

BirdLife and marketing

To: Stephen Ambrose <>
Subject: BirdLife and marketing
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 04:29:33 +0000
An important point is that for those recipients of the letter who are
not "tolerant
of fund-raising efforts and willing to donate" to have a way of opting out
of the follow up.  That is currently lacking from the BLA process.

A further point is that the scheme you mention is limited to members of the
"university from which I graduated".  I have never been a member of BA or
BLA but they have somehow harvested my name and email address - perhaps
from when I provide data to them through COG or eBird?

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/