birding-aus

Paradise Riflebird

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Paradise Riflebird
From: Phil Gregory <>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 23:42:01 +0000
My RFI a couple of days back got a very good response, my thanks to all who
got in touch direct; it looks as if an altitudinal spread from sea level to
about 1100 m for Paradise Riflebird would be about right, and the song
posts vary from 3 m to 20 m depending I suspect on the habitat.

I also got some offers of very nice images, which I am archiving in a
folder for when I have time to get back to them, after the current set of
tours to  the PNG, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji, then Madagascar. Thanks
again to those who sent details, I am still after New Guinea material in
particular of course.
Phil Gregory
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list