birding-aus

EBird

To: "" <>
Subject: EBird
From: "" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 01:10:29 +0000
I use "Birds Near Me" app which is map based and find that works very well
- it uses the ebird data and shows hotspots on a google map.

Its not a data entry tool however.

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 08:57:42 +1000
From: Peter Shute <>
To: 'Roger Giller' <>, Sonja Ross
                 <>
Cc: Paul Coddington <>,
                 ""
<>

The eBird app has just been released for iOS. Looks very similar to
BirdLog, but now one can search for hotspots by town names rather than
having to use postcodes. I haven't tried entering any data yet.

Oddly, when I searched for Wandiligong, the only results it returned were
local businesses rather than the town itself. Selecting one of those
resulted in a list of nearby hotspots, so the end result is the same.

Peter Shute
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>